Rome Christian Center
In 1976 Ned and Sue Paquette with their two
young children came to Rome, NY on an
Air Force assignment. Two years later, their
lives took a dramatic change. Led by the Holy
Spirit, Ned gave up his career as a fighter pilot
to become a minister of the gospel. In 1979
Rome Christian Center was officially incorporated.
The church met in a number of rented facilities
for the next several years. Their first meetings were held in a store front (now a parking lot) on
Dominick Street across from St. John's Church. Later, meetings were held for over five years in
the Capitol Theater, then in the Lake Delta Fire Hall for over fourteen years. In 2006 God
opened the door to purchase the former Ascension Lutheran Church at 7985 Turin Road.
Pastors Ned and Sue can testify to God's faithfulness in ministry for over twenty-five years.
They have five married children and 16 grandchildren.
Charles Finney (1792 - 1875) was an American evangelist and educator who is credited with
over 500,000 conversions to Christ. During the "nine mighty years" of 1824 to 1832, Finney
conducted powerful revival meetings all over cities, towns and villages in New York,
Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Especially notable here at Rome Christian Center is the
work Finney conducted right here in our city, when almost the entire population of Rome
came to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. You can read about his work in the online
tract, "God Comes to New York." We believe that Rome -- and Rome Christian Center -- will
be the site of end time revival in this area, continuing the work that Finney began here in the